Lexton Care Services' Therapists will help you regain your independence
Working from your doctor’s orders, your therapist will develop, implement, manage and
evaluate a sound patient care plan that has realistic goals.
and maintain health.
Our physical therapists focus on:
- Decreasing pain
- Promoting healing
- Restoring function and mobility
- Providing training in ergonomics and body mechanics
- Promoting fitness and health through education
- Making environmental changes to enhance a patient’s independence
Our Occupational Therapists (OTs) evaluate the patient’s ability to perform activities of daily living, determine hindrances to independence, and develop programs that help restore function. Occupational Therapists help patients who have lost some muscle control or dexterity to restore everyday skills such as getting themselves dressed, feeding themselves, and using a computer.
Our occupational therapists focus on:
- Evaluating and training patients for activities of daily living (e.g., dressing, cooking)
- Teaching exercise programs to increase joint motion, strength and flexibility
- Instructing in joint protection and personal energy conservation methods
- Evaluating the home for safety, and recommending changes training in the use of adaptive devices
- Making recommendations to caregivers and family members, and providing training where necessary
Ordering specialized equipment to improve well-being.
Our speech therapists develop a personalized plan of therapy consisting of exercises and activities designed to strengthen the muscles of the mouth, neck and face in order to help them regain the ability to speak clearly, chew and swallow.
Our speech therapists focus on:
- Diagnosing problems related to verbal and non-verbal communication, and the potential for rehabilitation
- Treating voice disorders and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Setting measurable goals with the patient and family
- Testing the patient’s ability to tolerate the prescribed treatment program
- Educating and counseling patients and families about communication and swallowing
- Promoting healthy lifestyle practices that help prevent speech-related disorders
Lexton Care Services is proud to lead in the field of dementia care. Our dementia trained therapists are certified by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP). These therapists are highly competent in the area of Alzheimer’s care and have a deep understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and its impact on cognitive function.